- BumblePuppy Press
- Sorta Fact
- The Apprenticeship of Michael Ignatief
- (So much for) The War on Christmas
- Big Fish In a Small Pond: Lesson from the Precious Left
- Cartoon Violence
- Conservatives at the Gates
- Defeating Piracy
- Dominion of fear
- Dreams Need Not Explain Themselves
- Edifice Guest: Let Them Eat Wheat!
- Edifice Guest: Let the chimes of freedom ring!
- Election 2011 - First Reaction
- Geoffrey Dow
- Harper's wages are fear
- Home of the brave? The Politics of Terror, Part 1
- If It Ain't Broke ... Report from Poll#90
- In Calgary ... Canada
- Jules Paivio, Last of the Mac-Paps
- Night of the living fascists
- No velvet gloves for poor brown people
- Not 'Business as usual' - death of a neighbourhood drug store
- Open Letters
- The Droz Report
- The Fembots Are Coming!
- The Worst of Both Worlds
- Trains in a basement!
- Violence Against Women...
- Will Ottawa's cyclists please shut up!
- Sorta Fiction
- July 16, 2011 - July 31, 2011
- Shorten URLs
- July 3, 2011 - July 15, 2011
- Presenting ... BumblePuppy Press
- June 16, 2011 - June 30, 2011
Submitted by Geoffrey Dow on Fri, 2011-09-30 09:36
Spread the word!
Cartoons or "cartoons"?
Well yes, my not-terribly impressive childhood efforts at comic books, and a perspective drawing of a street-scape which saw me score a mark of 15 out of 10(!) notwithstanding, my drawing skills are sub-par. And yes, the word cartoon typically implies the cartoonist has put pen to paper or stylus to screen, but you'll find little or none of that here.
Rather, accepting my limitations as a draughtsman and revelling in such open-source electronic tools as The Gimp, I have opted for the fine art of collage and captions to make my points, sometimes using my own photographs, more often "mashing-up" found art.
Not a avocation, or even a passion, it's a hobby I enjoy and at which I think I have more than a little proficiency. Your mileage, of course, may vary.